- This event has passed.
POSTPONED – Jazz Encounters ft. Sheila Jordan
January 14 @ 8:00 pmFree – $50
OUT OF CONCERN FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ARTISTS, AUDIENCE AND STAFF, THE JAZZ ENCOUNTERS RELAUNCH HAS BEEN POSTPONED. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES.
- If you purchased tickets, please check your email for a message from us via Eventbrite. You may receive a refund, or apply your ticket to a future concert date.
- As of now, we plan to continue the series with our February 11th concert featuring innovative, NYC-based pianist, Marc Cary.
Jazz Encounters features a live performance followed by a jam session with a focus on education, hosted in the WDNA Jazz Gallery, and co-produced with Nicole Yarling and the JECC.
- Negative Covid Test result from within 72 hours or valid vaccination card, plus photo ID required for admission.
- Masks are required at all times while inside WDNA.
- There are no ticket refunds.
Jazz Encounters relaunches with legendary singer, songwriter, & NEA Jazz Master, Sheila Jordan!
At 93 years young, Jordan continues to wow audiences.
Jordan pioneered a bebop and scat jazz singing style with an upright bass as the only accompaniment. Jordan’s music has earned praise from many critics, particularly for her ability to improvise lyrics; Scott Yanow describes her as “one of the most consistently creative of all jazz singers.” Charlie Parker often introduced Jordan as “the singer with the million dollar ears.”
- WDNA members pay a discounted price for tickets and must show a valid WDNA Member Card at the door.
- Basic WDNA Membership is $60 per year. Click here to become a Member.
- Purchase of Member priced tickets without a valid Membership will require you to purchase a $60 basic membership at the door.
- PURCHASE MEMBER TICKETS
STUDENT TICKETS FOR THE CONCERT + JAM
- There is a limited number of FREE student tickets for the concert.
- Tickets are reserved on a first come, first served basis for students who will attend the concert and participate in the jam session.
- Students must show a valid student ID at the door to claim their FREE student ticket.
- If you’d like to perform in the Jam session and there are no student tickets left, please contact Sarah Cruz: 305.662.8889, x210 or [email protected]
- RESERVE A STUDENT TICKET
- General Admission tickets are for attendees who are not WDNA members.
- If you’d like to have access to member discounted tickets for the Jazz Encounters Series, sign up to be a member! The cost is just $60 for a yearlong membership.
- Click here for more WDNA membership information.
- PURCHASE GA TICKETS.
- 305.662.8889, x210
- [email protected]