- This event has passed.
Yoga @ WDNA
April 25 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
One event on March 28, 2020 at 10:00am
One event on April 25, 2020 at 10:00am
One event on May 30, 2020 at 10:00am
One event on June 20, 2020 at 10:00am
Yoga @ WDNA fuses jazz, movement & breath… ONLINE.
Click Here to Listen to Sheena Szuri’s March 28 class playlist on Spotify. Her note below shares the sources of inspiration for each track.
Namaste WDNA members and our global community,
I am happy to continue with teaching the Jazz Yoga program in the WDNA Jazz Gallery as part of WDNA’s wellness programming. We are all navigating challenging times and finding new and creative ways to stay connected and engaged.
In continuing with Jazz Yoga via live streaming, we found a way to transform social distancing into energizing togetherness! Here is a link to the last yoga class you can enjoy to help you disconnect from the world and go within to refresh and recharge.
I put together a playlist on Spotify with jazz tunes that were personal and meaningful to me.
- Bill Evans’ “Skating in Central Park” allowed me to connect in my heart to my sisters Lauren and DeAnna who live in New York City.
- Sonny Rollins, an avid practitioner of yoga, channeled our collective desire to connect with each other with his “Where Are You” in the same way as Chet Baker’s “Alone Together” and Bill Charlap’s “The Nearness of You.”
- Paul Desmond’s “Emily” is a tribute to my cousin Emily, who is an RN working on the front lines in Florida.
- When the sun goes down, all of us sheltered in place in our homes with our loves ones, we can find joy by “Dancing in the Dark” with Cannonball Adderly.
- The final relaxation “Ram” sends healing energy to Manipura chakra at the solar plexus where we hold our inner fire and allows us to reconnect with our personal power, to transform ourselves in connections with each other on an ethereal level – indeed we are all in this together!
I closed my Jazz Yoga class with a brief chant of the Maha Mantra, the most powerful of mantras, to bring peace and joy and relieve stress, fear and anxiety.
I wish you all happiness and health.
OM SHANTI OM PEACE, Sheena ShivaPriya Szuri
This energizing Hatha Yoga class, set to music with light jazz infusion, flows through an opening intention with OM, breathing exercises, yoga postures suitable to multiple levels, and a final relaxation/guided meditation to absorb the practice and relax the mind. The class closes with with a classical Vedic chant to carry with you the rest of the day.
- 45 minute classes: 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM
- Open level for all ages, abilities with guided instruction to safely advance yoga postures; variations provided for all abilities and levels
- Suitable for beginners and advanced students, all ages and abilities.
TEACHER – SHEENA SZURI
- Certified Advanced Yoga Teacher, with 10 years experience in teaching yoga, meditation, yoga philosophy, workshops in group and private settings
- Registered RYT500 with Yoga Alliance
- Saturday, Apr 25, 10a – 10:45a ONLINE
- Saturday, May 30, 10a – 10:45a ONLINE
- Saturday, Jun 20, 10a – 10:45a (summer solstice)
- $10/class – WDNA Members
- $15/class – Non-members
Please call or email Sarah Cruz, with any questions.